Topic: Midi and/or RME gets thrown off

Hi there

RME UCX (latest version, 1.12 Total Mix)
OS X 10.10.5
8 x 4,5 GHz
Midi: M-Audio Axiom 61
UCX connected via USB 3 port

I have some trouble with my soundcard either being "ejected" by the computer, or something with the midi that's not working properly.

I have installed the latest driver from your website. 1.12.

Very often, the midi keyboard stops reacting. I can see on the UCX, that it is receiving midi, but it is not working in any DAW (Logic X 10.2.0) or NI Kontakt Standalone (5.5.1). If I then "reset all midi drivers" inside the DAW Logic X, the keyboard will work for a very short period of time (like one minut), but I notice at the same time, that the light in my RME Advanced controller (sometimes) goes out as well when this happens. Still though - RME seems to be receiving midi (and the controller reacts in TotalMix - though the meters sometimes stop showing any input sometimes, not always when this happens), but nothing is working midi-wise.

Due to the behaviour, I have a very hard time figuring out what it is causing this. The UCX? The Axiom? The computer?

It's starting to happen everyday when I start up my system. It doesn't help to restart UCX, midi, or DAW. THe only thing that can resolve this, is to shut everything off, and start the system up all over - and then hope for the best. It may take several attempts, before it is working properly.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? It's really getting to me, and it's hard to work when you can't trust your system.

All the best,
Andreas

Re: Midi and/or RME gets thrown off

Try a different power supply for the UCX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME