Topic: Using optical out for monitor speakers

Just got a new RME HDSP 9632, today... Have got sound from headphone output... But unsure how to get the optical out into my monitor speakers working on the Totalmix thing...

I upgraded my pc to a... I7 4790k ... ASUS Z97 p ... 16gb Ram...

Was using a M Audio Delta 66 for past Ten yrs in 3 various pc set ups...

But thought it was time to upgrade , and went for the RME...

Any Help and advice be gratefully received ...

Jon

Re: Using optical out for monitor speakers

How exactly do you connect to the monitor speakers? Is the optical format ADAT or SPDIF?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi Jeff.... with my old soundcard it was a coaxial spdif lead.... but as this new RME card has optical, I thought I would try that... which is the best way? don't mind if it's ADAT or spdif...

Basicly I use Ableton as a DAW... and have a guitar preamp that has spdif out, a usb keyboard controller and a Roland TD 30 drum set.... with spdif out too...

Thanks Jon

You need to configure your optical ADAT output to use S/PDIF protocol in the Hammerfall DSP settings, see handbook.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hey.... Thanks Guys for your help... main thing was...I had not removed the tiny little protective caps on optical lead...(Doh!)
And also had to switch speaker to optical input too...

Still all working now... Very Happy.... Listening to some Giorgio Moroder mixes.... Fantastic smile

Nice to hear that it works & welcome to the world of optical plugs wink

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13