Topic: RME and Dante Via

Hi,

Are there any Dante Via beta testers with RME interfaces here? I'd love to hear if someone has some experience on it.

https://www.audinate.com/products/software/dante-via

Best regards,
Topi

Re: RME and Dante Via

Hi again,

now Dante Via seems to be available for everyone. I try to test it as soon as I can...

https://www.audinate.com/products/softw … via#getvia

Best regards,
Topi

Hi there,
any experiences with DANTE VIA and Fireface UCX ?

In my case I come from the Dante onto the Fireface, but found so far no way to get the Fireface back into the Dante network.

muh  hope anybody is able to give a hint!

Alo

4 (edited by JohanW 2015-11-21 20:59:35)

Hi!
I done some experimenting with Dante VIA and the UFX. Seems to be working fine. However, the USB connection with the audio interface adds more latency (obvious when you think about it). Hopefully a later Dante VIA version will use ASIO and the latency can be reduced.

Since Dante VIA is limited to two channels to the DAW I tried a combination of Dante Virtual Sound card and Dante VIA. It seems I can get a setup like this to work:
* Computer 1 (MacBook): Dante VIA accessing more than two channels on my UFX.
* Computer 2 (Windos desktop):Dante Virtual Sound card feeding ProTools.

Any one else tried something similar? Please share your experiences!?

/Johan

Hi,

Sorry for delay with my answer. I have continuous problems with reading this forum (error messages).

Anyway: I've played with UFX, Soundcraft Si Performer 1 with Dante card in it's option slot. I tried different things and it seems that if you have a real Dante device included (which can give a clock to Dante network), it's possible to transmit max 32 channels (hardware level) for example from UFX interface to Dante network.

I tried this first with few channels from mic inputs and it worked, solater I had a multitrack recording playing with each track assigned to different output on UFX. When I set loopback on on each output, all those tracks were available in Dante network (as if they were my inputs)!

Topi

6 (edited by gampelaere 2019-11-17 15:43:55)

Hi,

This is an old thread but It sounds exactly like the issue I am having. I am able to send dante audio to the UFX but not from the UFX to a dante device. I'm using dante VIA and the Neutrik NA2-IO-DLINE. As I understand I need to use the clock of the Neutrik device as master? But how do i change the clock of my dante VIA? @suuronet I want exactly what you are doing with the loopback functionality. How did you manage to get loopback audio onto the dante network using dante VIA? I can see the audio locally (inputs) but when I send it to a dante device I have no sound.

any help would be much appreciated.

Regards