Topic: Strange behaviour after upgrading to Windows 10 with PCMCIA

Hi there,

I got a strange effect after upgrading Win7/32bit to Win10/32bit.
My hardware:

- Sony Vaio VGN SZ1HP/B with upgraded Intel Core2 T7200 CPU and 4GB of RAM, now runnig on Windows 10.
- RME HDSP CardBus with Multiface I
- RME HDSPe ExpressCard with Multiface I

Before upgrading to Win10 both cards ran without any problems, but now I got this:

EspressCard is still running fine, but the CardBus ist still recognized and I got a signal in TotalMix, but it's unfotunately not forwarded to my DAW (Cubase Pro 8)! After running Digicheck and choosing "Global Level Meter" there is no signal shown unless I change "Input Device Setup" from "ASIO" to "Hardware Level". Now I can see my input signal, but obviously the driver is unable to forward the signal to ASIO!

After reading this message on the RME-Homepage I thought everything should work well:

Ready for Windows 10
08/2015 Are RME interfaces ready for Windows 10 ?

[Windows 10 ready]

The simple answer is Yes, RME have tested driver compatibility with the new Windows operating system and as you would expect, all audio interfaces are working correctly. And by the way, that includes interfaces such as the Multiface released back in 2001.

To make sure that you have the latest drivers for your interface, go to the RME download page.

All drivers, the DAW and the OS iare up to date. Anyone got an idea?

Thx!

Re: Strange behaviour after upgrading to Windows 10 with PCMCIA

We will try to check this in the next days. Please be patient.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for your reply! I already contacted the support and they've made some screenshots via teamveiver. Maybe that could be helpful for you.

Unfortunately not. We need a computer here to reproduce and possibly fix this problem (if possible at all). The only one we have right now has an 02Micro controller 711 where no Windows 10 drivers seem available. We have a second one with a Ricoh controler, but will not be able to test on that one before Christmas. Sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry, but I don't understand the Controller Problem because my build-in controller is a "Texas Instruments PCI-8x12/7x12/6x12 CardBus Controller".

Could it be helpful to send you my laptop for a more particular research of that problem? And for how long do you think you would need it? I think that I don't need this laptop for the next two months. For further work i've got my mobile workstation here, but unfortunately this one has only the ExpressCard-Slot and in the future i need the performance of both cards.
So if you want to explore the problem on my computer send me an personal message, please!