Topic: 2 Problems with my HDSPe AIO and Windows 10 Driver Weirdness

Hello RME Forum,

ive got a few problems with my HDSPe AIO and was wondering if anyone can help, SN=22906274 Revision 13. I will start with a strange duplicate driver problem i seem to have. When I go to  control panel and then programs and features i have 2 entry's for my sound card. One of which i cannot delete. Please check the image in this link.

http://www.intensenutrients.com/images/rme1.jpg

So basically what happened is i built a new PC with windows 7 on it, installed my sound card and then did the upgrade to windows 10.

When i went to uninstall the old driver and then install the newest driver now on win 10 i got this error message...

http://www.intensenutrients.com/images/rme2.jpg

But the strange thing is, if i uninstall the latest driver, my sound card does not work but i still have a little hammer in the bottom corner of my screen. I had a chat with someone at Microsoft support who thought this was a bug and has apparently notified RME about this problem? My support reference is 1310429930. So i am unsure if this is going to cause problems and if the old driver entry can be removed or what?

Now with my second problem, i have got a really bad ground loop problem but just on the balanced XLR left channel,the right channel has no noise at all and i am getting ground loop noise in the headphone out. I am using the balanced XLR breakout cables. Now what is more worrying is that the left output is quieter than the right output. I am plugged into a mixing desk and have to turn the left slider up a bit more for the volume to be the same as the right, im checking levels with digicheck and they are showing equal levels but my left is definitely quieter. So I don't know if my breakout cable is faulty or if there is a problem with my card which is why i have real bad ground loop noise in the left, or having 2 instances of drivers is causing me problems. Please advise. I tried everything to get rid of the ground loop, putting tape on the card, removing the earth on 1 end of the XLR cable, turned off all C states etc etc. Only thing i have not tried is a proper XLR ground loop isolator.

Re: 2 Problems with my HDSPe AIO and Windows 10 Driver Weirdness

The entry in the Programs section is no problem at all. You indeed seem to have a broken brealout cable, which is more likely than a broken card.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

is there a way i can remove the older driver entry that does not need to be there? Thanks

User the current version of CCleaner. Extras, Uninstall - there you see a lot more entries fo these driver installations, and can delete (!) these entries.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME