Topic: Totalmix iPad app "low memory" error

I recently bought auria for iPad and was using the UFX with a band the other night.. UFX and totalmix was being used as the band mixer into the PA and auria was running in the background recording the 16 inputs..

auria recorded ok for around an hour but then it stopped and kept popping up with a "low memory" message saying I should close other apps that are running.. the only other app running was totalmix and it had worked for 60 minutes without any problems.. suddenly it started giving the error message and kept stopping, it wouldn't record any further..

nothing had changed on the iPad, totalmix and auria were the only things open from the beginning and it had worked for an hour already so the error seems like a memory leak or a bug to me, either inside totalmix or auria..

Any ideas ??

Re: Totalmix iPad app "low memory" error

We are pretty sure this is not in TotalMix, as we look out for such errors specifically. You could replicate the setup and just let it run without TM FX open/started to check what happens.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ok, i'll try some more tests.. as an alternative have you used harmonicdog Multitrack DAW app with UFX recording all 22 tracks with totalmix open ? i am considering that App as plan B..

No, not over such a long time. We use DURec in such cases. Regarding TM FX - we had it running for days without a memory leak showing up. As TM FX doesn't communicate with Auria or any other app we have no reason to test with those for such effects.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME