Topic: Question regarding SPdif input & output

Hi, I've recently changed my monitoring setup to include a "dangerous music source" so instead of my primary stereo mix coming out from my hdsp9652 adat 2 to a preamp that had 8 channels of d/a, Im now using SPDIF from the HDSP962 into the AES/SPDIF input of the dangerous source, the difference in what I can hear is staggering, such a good D/A in the source.

Previously i used to use my SPDIF I/O connected to my Kemper profiler (rca spdif) for re-amping DI'd tracks etc.

Since I now use my main SPDIF out to connect to my Monitoring, i read that ADAT I/O 1 on the HDSP9652 can be used as Spdif too.. so I purchased one of these cheap boxes http://www.core-sound.com/co2/1.php which can convert rca to toslink, and works fine for the kemper, in & out works..

However my problem is that everything spdif i/o is all merged onto 1 track in totalmix (labelled spdif)
I was kind of hoping that the additional ADAT 1 i/o would use a different channel in totalmix, is there anyway that can be done, or does using the ADAT as SPDIF just use the same totalmix channel as the RCA spdif?

My other option is to reamp via analogue with the kemper, but just thought id see if this way could work.

Thanks

spdif stuff connects as below...
HDSP9652 rca spdif out -> Dangerous Source SPDIF in -> AES passthough to DAT machine
DAT machine spdif out -> HDSP9652 rca Spdif in
HDSP9652 ADAT1 out -> M-Audio Co2 tos input, M-Audio Co2 rca output -> Kemper Spdif In
kemper Spdif out -> M-Audio Co2 rca in, M-Audio Co2 tos output -> HDSP9652 ADAT 1 in

_

RME HDSP9652 | | RME Digiface USB

Re: Question regarding SPdif input & output

Look at the block diagram in the manual (page 85) - it's clear then that the optical output is just switched to SPDIF. It's also mentioned in the text page 16, 35 and 48.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Question regarding SPdif input & output

thanks for confirming.

Garry

_

RME HDSP9652 | | RME Digiface USB