1 (edited by joehannouch 2015-12-05 18:50:22)

Topic: Babyface drivers installed but not working and Totalmix not showing

EDIT:
I've decided to follow the path of the TotalMix from the Task manager on my desktop and found the location of Totalmix and Fireface USB settings:

windows/System32/

And i ran them manually.

Apparently they're not launching on start, but everything worked.
I'll keep that post, maybe it would help others, free for moderators to delete if needed.

Cheers

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,

I've been using the RME babyface for a couple of years on my Desktop and happily updating the drivers with no trouble.

I've decided to install the drivers on my laptop (2014 Alienware 17).

I'm running Windows 10 Home 64bit on both of them.

Got the latest drivers off of the website, updated the Desktop with no trouble, and everything installed correctly on the Alienware.

However, even after restart, Totalmix FX doesn't show, and selecting the Babyface as a default output still doesn't work.

RME Fireface USB is showing in Programs and Features,
Windows Driver Package - RME Fireface USB (1.0.89.0) is there too (updated).

Checking the drivers shows that everything is installed correctly.

Going to "Devices and Printers" and right clicking "Troubleshoot" on the Babyface shows that there is an issue with the USB 2.0 compatibility saying:

"RME is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0"
"RME Babyface can't work properly with USB 3.0".

HOWEVER! i have the same message on my desktop and everything is working properly.

So mainly I believe that the issue is with Totalmix simply not showing, because i can switch to the RME in the sound properties and I see the meters but no sound.
Opening Totalmix will allow me to fix this by rerouting properly, however i have no icons in the bottom right bar.

I highly appreciate any thoughts and help.

Best
Joe

Re: Babyface drivers installed but not working and Totalmix not showing

CTRL + ALT + DEL to open Task Manager, go to Startup tab and enable the TotalMix and Fireface Settings exes.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: Babyface drivers installed but not working and Totalmix not showing

Jeff wrote:

CTRL + ALT + DEL to open Task Manager, go to Startup tab and enable the TotalMix and Fireface Settings exes.

this does not work. I have only 2 items in my startup.

RME fireface UFX - sonar x2 - win7x64 - i7 3770k - 32gb