Topic: teething troubles

hi there,

i've got the babyface and want to know how i can connect my dj set up to it/totalmix to record mixes.

i've connected the dj mixer to the babyface from phono jack 'record' out on mixer to the instrument in on right side of the babyface. selected to 'in' mode but getting no sound thru headphones out, leds not moving and no signal on totalmix fx hardware inputs.

what could i be doing wrong?

hope this is the right place to ask

all best

Re: teething troubles

Hi,
you have to use the line inputs via the breakout cable (the instrument input should be working too, but only mono).

Fireface UFX | Fireface800 | Babyface | Octamic II | ADI-2 | ADI-648 | Audient asp 008

yes i did think but the lead i'm using is phono jack and the breakout cable line inputs are xlr. the xlr outs on my dj mixer are for the speakers. should i use these and then plug my (active) speakers into the breakout cable line outs? or use my phono lead with adapter? i need them when i'm mixing really.

i was not getting any sound at all via instru input, not just mono sound. could be problem with my record/monitor outs on my mixer but doubt it.

If this is the older Babyface, the channel has to be switched to Instrument mode. On AN2 in the top row, click the wrench icon to access settings for the channel.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

cheers jeff, i tried that and now get signal in AN2, with one row of LEDs on babyface lighting up when on 'in' setting (one row only cos mono?), but no sound via my phones out (side of babyface). i'm getting sound fine on my phones out when software channels are in use tho. control room signal then showing totalmix, but not when i'm on AN2 with 'inst' clicked. would this be problem with assigning?