Topic: HDSP & Adat Sync

Hello,

It's quite some time ago that we synced ADAT tapes with our DAW. But once in a while we still need it.
The interface - HDSP9652 - always did a good job, but now for some reason there's no more sync timecode readout.

I have double checked (and swapped) the sync cable, swapped the ADAT device itself, changed the sync dialog to ADAT timecode in the RME control panel, but nothing happens. The audio signal from ADAT optical to HDSP comes perfectly through, hence the audio part is no problem... it's only the sync signal that needs to work.

Is this still supported with the newest driver releases? I use version 4.12 (also tested previous 4.x versions, but not older)

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Re: HDSP & Adat Sync

Yes, the code is still there. Is the Time Code shown in the Settingsdialog? If yes you might have just forgot to set the sync source in the DAW correctly. If not we would investigate the driver.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

No, no time code at all int he RME settings dialog at any time. That's why I asked if it is still supported.

The fact that the HDSP9652 has the ADAT Timecode input is the reason why we did not (yet) swap it for the newer PCIe model (e.g. RayDat)

Thanks for looking into this!

We'll check.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for your input Matthias... but no need to look any further. I found the culprit!

I've been trying a lot of different scenario's last weekend (I'm not going into the details now)... but in the end it turns out that it was a defective RME breakout cable. I found a cable from an older RME DIGI (which is basically the same) and with this one it works right away.

Those cables cannot be manually repaired as they are molded... so I guess we will order a new one.

The good news is that the problem has been resolved.

Thanks again.