1 (edited by Urban 2015-09-02 11:39:04)

Topic: More than one Mackie Control device

Is it possible to use two or more Mackie Control (in my case emulated Mackie Control) with Totalmix FX?

I want to build up a lemur template with more then 8 Faders.

or is this possible with OSC?

Fireface UFX | Fireface800 | Babyface | Octamic II | ADI-2 | ADI-648 | Audient asp 008

Re: More than one Mackie Control device

There are already several threads about this.

You can control 4x 8 = 32 channels over MIDI/Mackie + 4x 8 =32 channels over OSC.

ok, driver updated - now i see the "extender to..." settings.

Fireface UFX | Fireface800 | Babyface | Octamic II | ADI-2 | ADI-648 | Audient asp 008

4 (edited by Urban 2015-09-04 07:34:11)

loonypac wrote:

There are already several threads about this.

You can control 4x 8 = 32 channels over MIDI/Mackie + 4x 8 =32 channels over OSC.

can you control channels in blocks (16 or 24) with OSC, like the Mackie extender function?

-edit: Sadly not easy doable, right?

Extender function only works over MIDI. It's a rather new feature in TotalMix FX.
All 4 OSC channels are independent without Extender configuration at the moment. It seems OSC implementation hasn't been updated since 2012. If there ever will be an update (or even better global OSC) is not sure. So short answer is: NO, it's not possible! hmm

I wish RME would listen to the users and add global OSC control to total mix.. this topic (and/or variations of it) has come up repeatedly for years but constantly gets brushed, either that or they aren't capable of adding these features.. I think in 2012 it was mentioned that global OSC would be added, 3 years later and nothing to speak of..

ebulb wrote:

I wish RME would listen to the users and add global OSC control to total mix.. this topic (and/or variations of it) has come up repeatedly for years but constantly gets brushed, either that or they aren't capable of adding these features.. I think in 2012 it was mentioned that global OSC would be added, 3 years later and nothing to speak of..

Indeed, some comment from RME would be nice after all this waiting..
Is global OSC still on your list, and can you give us any kind of rough estimate of if and when it might be added?

Afterall, you teased us many times already back in 2013 about adding absolute OSC control, for example here:
https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 857#p87857 and here:
https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=18648

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic