1 (edited by rewayyy 2016-02-02 21:26:47)

Topic: Fireface UC won't connect through USB (red led on host)

Hello guys,

I bought an RME fireface UC 3 days ago. Everything was perfectly working until right now after booting up my computer for the first time of the day. The fireface UC has the red led on host and it seems that my computer doesn't recognize the card anymore. Given that everything was working fine last night, i don't understand what is going on.

I tried re-installing the drivers multiples times, executing as admin and what not . Tried to switch USB cables, USB port, nothing is working.

So after trying all of that, i tried installing the fireface uc driver on my macbook pro (which i hadn't do before), and the fireface uc works perfectly fine there. (piouf, it's not the card being dead, thanks..).

So now i am back on my windows computer, installing for another time the driver, and still red led on the host.
I know my computer recognizes the card, but something is weird because in the device manager, it seems that my PC recognizes the fireface as "Fireface UC mac". See the image http://imgur.com/bv29i37 Why mac? did my fireface uc keep in it's settings my try on my mac?

I am running out of tries and options right now so i'm eventually reaching you.

Can anyone help to fix?

Thank a lot.

Julien

Re: Fireface UC won't connect through USB (red led on host)

From the manual:

Check  the  correct  firmware  version  by  a  double  click  on  the  rotary  encoder  button.  The
display  PC  means  Windows,  the  display  AP  means  Mac.  The  double  click  automatically
switches between both versions. Note: a change of state is only possible when the unit is
not connected to the computer.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hello Daniel and thank you for the very fast answer.

i tried that. It's working (woooooooooooo). I'm such a stupid guy.

Thanks a lot and sorry for the inconvenience.

Julien

Hi!

I have this exactly same problem, but have pushed the rotary encoder button to A.P many times over. Host button stays red. Have tried different usb ports, different cables. For some extremely strange reason the UC was visible for a time in Ableton and in the computer audio preferences, while host button was red. This means my computer recognized the device, but still not. USB Manager only flashes but doesn't open, same with Total Mix.

I did a software update on my mac but nothing. I'm gonna try it later on an other computer and fear that there's something severly wrong with my completely newly bought macbook pro.

These are my specifics:
Macbook Pro a1707 with touch bar
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5
2,8 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Pleas help, thank you