Topic: Multiface II configure 8 mono outputs

Hi,

Im trying to configure my Multiface II in combination with HDSP PCI CARD to get 8 mono outputs.
With the RME Total mix tool this is possible but than only for 4 different output files which are on ouput 1&2, 3&4, 5&6 and 7&8.
But in my application i want to send one mono file to one analog output channel. (8 mono files to 8 analog output channels)
When i take a Look in Hammerfall DSP Settings:  the WDM devices can be configured to Multi-channel (1 output) and Stereo (4 outputs).
Is it possible in some way to configure this to mono(8 ouputs) that i can control each channel independent.

What can i do?

Thanks,

Re: Multiface II configure 8 mono outputs

What software are you using - and what are you attempting to do?  Can you use software that uses ASIO drivers (instead of WDM)?

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Or in other words: you look in the wrong place. TM can be set to stereo outputs and default, doesn't matter. The software that you use will send 8 mono channels - or not if it can't.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the fast reply!

In short what I want to do:
Make an application in visual studio and control each output (8)independent for an audio test with people.
In the program that is written I can choose which Audio device I want to use.
With the driver that is now installed: WDM streaming driver(http://www.rme-audio.de/en/downloads/driver/hdspe.php),
it is only possible (i think) to configure the outputs in a way I explained above.
(Multichannel(1-8) and stereo(1&2, 3&4, 5&6 and 7&8).

@Randyman do you think the asio driver will give the solution to set the outputs to mono channels(1,2,3,etc).
Or is there another solution to configure the outputs to Mono channels, so that each (mono)output is visible in playback devices?

Thanks,