Re: Lemur - iPad OSC Remote for TotalMix FX

Obviously your setup is wrong so Lemur does not receive any information from the computer - not working both ways.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

gabrieltauk wrote:

hey,
I have a UFX and now I want to control it with Lemur by OSC. But I have serious problems with the RME official template . It can not receive the channel names and all buttons are functioning as a pad , not as a switch. I can not receive also the information on the signal in dB -FS. In the mixer tab , the mute and solo functions do not work, and the solo button do not appear. Can you help me?
(Sorry about my english...)

The template works fine. I, and many others, use it frequently.  As MC wrote your network setup must be not correct. Double check all of the settings - ip for host and remote, ports etc.

HI,

I have a FF400 and I'm looking for a template for Lemur. Does anyone has one?

I tried to modify the RME Totalmix FX actual template. I downloaded the Bosc implantation chart.

I understand that volume 1 to volume 8 controls Hardware output faders. But what is the name for others faders (Hardware input and software playback)?

Please help!

Thanks

Simon

Will the templates provided work on Android tablets?

Will they work on any OSC App or just the two mentioned?

55 (edited by neil_b 2016-08-17 16:38:11)

Shane wrote:

Will the templates provided work on Android tablets?

Will they work on any OSC App or just the two mentioned?

It's strictly Lemur only.

I've just used it on a 10.1in 16:9 aspect screen (Samsung Note 10.1 2014 [Lemur is noticeably more sluggish on this than an Ipad4]) and it was fine. It's a little reduced because it's designed for 4:3.

It's absolutely splendid to work with, a real triumph for usability. I can now do a soundcheck whilst walking around the venue.

Thank you very much RME!!

Hey,
A V.U of the gain reduction of the compressor in the app will be great!
What about control durec in the app (select channels and start record!)?

The app is amazing!
Thank you all!

Is it possible to have the faders in the Lemur template reflect the current state of the faders in Totalmix?

ufx ii / bfp

This is wonderful, last session used a couple of tablets for the artists each with their own totalmix osc locked to their headphone submix...
for me its all perfect having the total control, but i'd also like a simple template for the singers device.we found is that just a much simpler layout is needed, with 3 faders only.
i did hide channels in totalmix osc settings that wernt used, but the lemur still showed all of the faders just labbeled as /na

I can see how to edit the template as needed, but im not sure its possible to do what i want
(currently i need to switch between inputs/playbacks/outputs) but for this simple template i'd like just 3 objects

fader 1 - mic input monitoring level
fader 2 - playback level from software
fader 2 - headphone level

ive done this by just removing all of the faders & buttons not required in the editor and saving as a simple template, but it still needs to press between inputs/playbacks/outputs, id like to remove the need for the artist to need to switch between the buttons, and instead just have all 3 faders one one screen
is this possible?

_

RME HDSP9652 | | RME Digiface USB

A workaround to the current design (which is Mackie based - per row...) could be to issue the bus change command at the same time the fader is touched. Maybe...haven't tried that myself...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

60 (edited by Webest 2017-05-26 10:19:12)

Thanks for the Lemur Template etui galaxy s6!

I successfully configured and tested Lemur for iPad on my UCX-based piano rig. My piano rig has no display, one button push, it starts, I can play, then one button push it stops, that’s it. When starting it, I initiate an ad hoc WiFi connection, with the “Enable OSC Control” option set in Totalmix, such that everything is ready to work when connecting the iPad and starting Lemur.
Everything works well, but the communication from the PC to the iPad doesn’t seem to be active when starting this way. The communication from the iPad to the PC works well, as I can act on the Totalmix faders, but there is no feedback on the iPad (no labels, no levels, no fader changes…).
To make it work properly again I have to uncheck “Enable OSC Control” and set it again. But to do so, I have to add a display to my piano rig, which is not the way I use it.

Is it a bug in Totalmix or Lemur ? Do you experience the same behavior ?

David

PS: by the way, it is a total nightmare to configure the 2 communication ports and IP for OSC in Totalmix as the “edition mode” is cancelled and the focus lost from the edition field after 2s or so. The focus then jumps back to another edition field. I had to cut/paste from a notepad to be quick enough… pfff…

Nobody can tell me if I am the only one who has to disable and enable again the OSC control in TotalMix FX in order to have a bidirectionnal communication ? If I start TotalMix with the OSC control enabled, it really only works from the iPad to the PC...

David

Most probably no one uses an ad hoc connection to do so...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Most probably no one uses an ad hoc connection to do so...

But, my ad hoc connection works immediatly in both directions...

...OK, then, same question for a standard WiFi infrastructure connection (i.e. with an acces point or a router).

I think the point is rather: what happen when starting TotalMix FX with the "Enable OSC control" option already checked and then starting lemur on the iPad afterwards. Because in my situation, I have to disable the OSC control in TM FX, and enable it again for Lemur to work in both directions.

David

Hello,

I got a similar problem (I´m using Lemur only for CONTROL ROOM - features).

When I enabled OSC in TM (sometimes I have to restart TM to make it work), the changes done in TM (level, Dim etc.) are shown on LEMUR.
After I change s.t. on the LEMUR-app, changes made on TM will not be shown on LEMUR any more. Changing s.t. on LEMUR is still working/ shown on TM.

Any hints?

Thanks a lot in advance.

OSX - 10.12.6
iOS 7.1.2 / 10.3.3
TM 1.43

Guys, is there a way to get metering-feedback for the masterfader?