Topic: Multiface connection to Macbook

hi,

I have been reading the forum for hours trying to find a conclusive answer but can't seem to find it, can anyone please assist.

Im looking to connect a multi face to a macbook to integrate to my UCX via adat for extra channel count, i am happy to purchase something to plug the PCMCIA card bus into to get it into the macbook but i can't seem to find what i need to buy to make it happen, can you please shed some light.

Re: Multiface connection to Macbook

Does that MacBook have ExpressCard or Thunderbolt? With TB you can use a TB to ExpressCard adapter, like the Echo Express from Sonnet. But both would require you to buy a RME ExpressCard first. IMHO you better get a used ADAT converter to expand the UCX channel count.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Multiface connection to Macbook

You could use a very old laptop which will take your PCMCIA card just to power up and control the multiface. AFAIK a PC laptop will be most versatile, anything with XP or higher. On the mac I dont know which OS can use PCMCIA. I have a separate PC for a EMU1212m and Tascam FW1804 connected to my main DAW system with HDSP9652. It works as simple as booting the machine.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632