Topic: TotalMix FX - Snapshots / Device Info...

Using TotalMix FX 1.01 , we make the following observations:

* When starting TotalMix after a boot, the blue indicator left to the current snapshot is being blinking. This indicates that some settings (in TotalMix or at the hardware) have been changed since the last storage of the snapshot or the workspace. However, this is not the case! Of course, the annoying blinking can be stopped by re-selecting the snapshot or storing it again. In former TMFX versions, however, this behavior was not observed.

* When looking at Help>Device Info..., we notice that the item is grayed out. Shouldn't it display information about the connected RME interfaces?

-------------------------------------------
#1: MacBook Pro 17" (Intel Core i7 @ 2.66 GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | 512 GB SSD | OS 10.9 Mavericks)
#2: Toshiba Tecra (Intel Core Duo @ 2.00 GHz | 4 GB DDR2 | Windows 7 Enterprise SP1)
RME Fireface UC (firmware rev. 119 | PnP driver 1.95 / 1.053 | DIGI Check 0.683 / 5.72)
RME Babyface (firmware rev. 220 | PnP driver 1.95 / 1.053 | DIGI Check 0.683 / 5.72)

Re: TotalMix FX - Snapshots / Device Info...

@ All: Am I the only one experiencing this behavior?

@ RME: Is this going to be fixed in future TotalMix FX releases? I find especially observation #1 to be rather annoying...

Device Info is not available for all devices. We will soon release TM FX 1.03 and the new Mac driver 2.01, please check with those again.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Chardonnay wrote:

@ All: Am I the only one experiencing this behavior?

No. I see it too. It is a small annoyance. Hoping it is fixed with the next release, but not too concerned if it is not.

MC wrote:

We will soon release TM FX 1.03 and the new Mac driver 2.01, please check with those again.

Well, issue #1 (blinking snapshot selector) is still there using TM FX 1.04 (from Mac driver 2.02) and TM FX 1.03 (from Windows driver 1.059).

Update:

* Blinking snapshot selector bug is still there using TM FX 1.05 (!) & Win driver 1.059 (on Windows 7).
* However, it seems to be fixed in TM FX 1.05 & Mac driver 2.03 (on OS 10.10.1).

Latest firmware (UC: 123, Babyface: 223).

Yes, sorry. This problem will again not be fixed in the upcoming TM FX 1.07, but we hope after that we find the time to examine it in detail.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I have just installed the latest Win driver 1.079 (on Windows 7) with TM FX 1.11... and the blinking snapshot selector bug is still there. For OS X, it was fixed several months ago (see post #6).

Any plans to fix it for Windows as well?

That is strange, especially as we fixed another root cause for this behavior in 1.11 (not mentioned in the readme). I will try again to reproduce this.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Well, MC, nearly one year has been passed since your last answer. Is it really that hard to reproduce the error?

Here again, the description of the error:

When starting TotalMix after a boot, the blue indicator left to the current snapshot is being blinking. This indicates that some settings (in TotalMix or at the hardware) have been changed since the last storage of the snapshot or the workspace. However, this is not the case! Of course, the annoying blinking can be stopped by re-selecting the snapshot or storing it again. In former TMFX versions, however, this behavior was not observed.

# Fireface UC (firmware 123, driver 1.091, TM 1.22)
# Windows 7 Enterprise SP1