Topic: Latency and other audio test tools

Hi, I'm building a Studio configuration and I was wondering if anyone know some benchmark tool or something to test all things like latency and other stuff that programs like DAW and other audio programs use to but without installing any DAW program. I would like to test it as much as possible. I have this DPC latency checker but it will tell you on almost every machine that "This machine should be able to handle real-time streaming of audio and/or video data without drop-outs."

2 (edited by ramses 2016-05-23 18:12:32)

Re: Latency and other audio test tools

LatencyMon v4.02 for Win7, newer versions for Win8+
Windows kernel changed, on Win7 and LatencyMon v4.02 the measuring was more details in the area of µs.
It seems to me that with Win8+ and never versions they can only measure now on process scheduler level, which is not so accurrate IMHO.

If you measure, then pls on an idle system or you will never see load of randomly kicking in processes ...

A few Win7 tuning tips see here: https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=22948

A few tips also here: http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … -X10SRi-F/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by Thermaltake 2016-05-23 21:42:04)

Huh don't understand a bit of german big_smile

I know about latencyMon (btw there is version 6.50 that support windows 10) but is that the only program to run some benchmarks of studio configuration ?

Simply watch the BIOS settings and the screenshots.

The point ist, that I tweaked the power profiles of Windows 7 with parkcontrol utility.

For "Full Power" I disabled CPU core parking and the CPU shall run at 100% clock speed.

With the windows 7 gadget I can choose between the 3 usual power profiles.

The other 2 are balanced and energy saving, where cpu core parking and cpu frequency might become activated / reduced.

The screenshots show you both, parkcontrol settings and CPU-Z output, there you can see the CPU voltage and CPU frequency .... how it looks for the 3 power profiles.

The BIOS tweakings you also see in the article ... no energy saving, and all can be controlled by the OS ...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by Thermaltake 2016-05-24 18:42:33)

I just want to test new machine to see resaults comparing them to older ones that I have/had, not reduce cores just benchmark.

Specification is
i7 6700k
Asrock Z170 Extreme4
2x8Gb DDR4 Kingston Fury memory
SSD M.2 Samsung 512Gb