1 (edited by beatpete 2014-09-23 23:49:02)

Topic: Midi control not working when Totalmix FX minimized to tray.

Midi control is not working when Totalmix FX is minimized to tray, it's fine when it's minimized to the taskbar, but not when minimized to tray (i.e. when app is "closed"). OSC seems to work but not midi.
I'm using Totalmix FX 1.02 beta 6 with a HDSP PCI card and Multiface.

Re: Midi control not working when Totalmix FX minimized to tray.

Not the app is closed - only the window (red cross). And for that case I can not reproduce the problem.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Not the app is closed - only the window (red cross). And for that case I can not reproduce the problem.

Well for me when I hit the red x to close, it minimizes to tray and midi stops working,weird. Again, if I just minimize to the taskbar,it works.

Which MIDI ports are you using for this function and which protocol?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Which MIDI ports are you using for this function and which protocol?

I'm using an Iconnectivity Iconnect2+ (port 3) via Lemur on an Ipad. I use both mackie control AND basic ccs (OSC as well of course for most everything) )only to control the phones/main switching. I loved the feature in the original Totalmix that let you hear each of the (3) phones through the main output. So great for setting up cue mixes. With Totalmix FX, it's a bit more convoluted because you have to send a midi message to "select" the phone (4) out or Main out as well as send a separate midi command to "cue" that corresponding output, in other words, two midi commands to achieve the same functionality. That said, I've got it all working except the midi when "closed" (or minimized to tray).

Which MIDI remote is activated (MIDI or OSC or both)? Does it work if only one is active?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Which MIDI remote is activated (MIDI or OSC or both)? Does it work if only one is active?

Yes, I have both OSC and midi on. I discovered that it actually does work, it just doesn't update the names in my display (phones 1,2 etc) which it does fine normally.

Again, midi doesn't connect to Totalmix FX (4.12) unless the app is on the screen or minimized to taskbar but not when closed (x on top right).
Is this normal behavior? If so, it would great if midi would work without clicking on the app...

I have to ask the obvious: Settings, MIDI tab: the option 'Disable MIDI in background ' is unchecked? If yes please toggle the setting once to make sure the correct state is read by TM FX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes "disable midi in background" is unchecked, I toggled it and no difference. Again it works fine when minimized to the taskbar but when closed (with the right corner x), no midi.

If possible,could someone confirm this behaviour? I'm not sure if it's just my setup or the way it is...

Again, I think this is an important feature that's missing, there is a work around (keeping Totalmix open) but it would be great if it worked with Totalmix closed (as OSC does).

We checked again and still can not reproduce this error. And it looks like others can't as well.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

We checked again and still can not reproduce this error. And it looks like others can't as well.

Thanks MC for trying again, I can't imagine why my system would be different but there it is.