Topic: Is it possible to clone one Mic input to both Left and Right?

Hi.

I have just expanded my rig with a Fireface 802. Love it. Solid box, very sturdy build. It very nice and there are lots of options in Totalmix. I do not fully understand it yet so I am not sure if it is possible or not to do what I want, hope somebody here can help me out.

I am trying to do a voice recording for a screecapture video I am doing with Nvidia Shadowplay. There are no options in Shadowplay software so set the mic input to stereo so it just captures the standard inputs set in windows and using input 9/10 on my RME 802 I just get a recording in the left channel of course.

So is it possible to set it up in totalmix so I get the channel 9 input cloned to both input 9 and 10?

I have found out that other users use some extra software called Virtual Audio cable, but I hope I don't have to install extra between software just to get it to stereo.

Re: Is it possible to clone one Mic input to both Left and Right?

Loopback in TotalMix does the same thing as virtual audio cable, but better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Zeruz … mp;index=9

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: Is it possible to clone one Mic input to both Left and Right?

Thank you Jeff. I thought so.

I tried around a bit more now and got it to work using mic 9/10 in split to mono and chan 9 panned center , then loopback on AES in stereo. And then it worked when I selected default input device in windows to AES. But it was a bit confusing using and input when there was no signal showing on the input channel. As I understand it the input channels only show what goes in on the actual physical input.

Maybe not many use it this way but I think it would be neat in there was an option to allow the inputs to also show the levels coming from the loopback. Or perhaps even better get a few virtual input channels for the loopback.