1 (edited by niles 2016-08-28 14:26:42)

Topic: Recorded TotalMix loopback audio, placed early. Any advice?

I'm having a case I can get my head around. Maybe someone can clear it up for me.

Case:
In any of my DAW's (Cubase, Studio One, Bitwig, Adobe Audition) the recorded audio @ 44100 Hz is 89 samples earlier than the actual content when recorded with an internal audio loopback through TotalMix. I use a RME AIO.

I did a simple test in all three DAW's by recording a rendered audio click back in the DAW through the loopback function of TotalMix.
None of the DAW's have a record offset enabled or plugins loaded but all four programs placed the audio 89 samples early.

When I recorded from track to track directly in the DAW, there's no offset and the audio is perfectly aligned.
So I'm inclined to say it must be something system or ASIO related.

Here's a screen of Studio One. Cubase, Bitwig and Audition are no different.
http://daw.one/shared/images/Audio_Loopback_89ms_Early.gif

The settings I use for the AIO are:

http://daw.one/shared/images/RME_AIO_Settings.jpg

Does somebody know what could be causing this or where I have to start looking to solve?
I know I can work around it by setting a 89 sample offset in the hosts, but I rather find the cause before doing that.

Thanks in advance!

--
RME AIO
P9X79, i7 3930K, 16GB, HD6450
Windows 7 pro 64 Bit

Re: Recorded TotalMix loopback audio, placed early. Any advice?

Delay compensation values include AD and DA latency, which you are bypassing with the internal loopback.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by niles 2016-08-28 20:38:05)

Jeff wrote:

Delay compensation values include AD and DA latency, which you are bypassing with the internal loopback.

That makes sense, thank you for explaining.

I suppose there's no way to adjust the offset on ASIO level and it should always be done from within the host?

--
RME AIO
Windows 7 pro 64 Bit

Correct.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Correct.

Thank you.

--
RME AIO
Windows 7 pro 64 Bit