Topic: ADI-648 problem

Hi,

We have a customer with a ADI-648 that have all the leds blinking very fast.
None of the buttons make any change.

Can this be reset somehow? Or is it a hardware fault?

Best,
P?l Svennevig

Re: ADI-648 problem

There is no "reset", other than switching the unit off and on. I would assume the device needs repair.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

No secret tricks? Can it be the firmware? Any suggestions we can try before we send it down?

Solved! It was the PSU that was broken.

psvennevig wrote:

Solved! It was the PSU that was broken.

Mine started doing the exact same thing last night. I'm assuming that this is a factory repair?  It would be nice if I could open the chassis and fix it with duct tape. I had to cancel a session for tomorrow.

ed:

HDSPe MADI-FX, M-32 AD, M-32 DA, ADI-8 QS, ADI 192 DD, ADI 648, Mytek Stereo 96 AD/DA

I repaired it myself. I changed the PSU.
But you have to talk to the local distributor to have them ship you a PSU if they agree to it.

It is also possible to repair the PSU, by changing the caps (which are the ones that usually break). But I wouldn't recommend this.
I had the oldes version of ADI-648 in for repair, and according to RME the latest PSU revs have been optimized compared to the old ones, so I replaced it.

P

psvennevig wrote:

I repaired it myself. I changed the PSU.
But you have to talk to the local distributor to have them ship you a PSU if they agree to it.

It is also possible to repair the PSU, by changing the caps (which are the ones that usually break). But I wouldn't recommend this.
I had the oldes version of ADI-648 in for repair, and according to RME the latest PSU revs have been optimized compared to the old ones, so I replaced it.

P?l

thanks,

I also have the older (greyface) model. It is on it's way to Synthax USA. They didn't have any PSU's on hand but will hopefully have some soon so I figured I'd let them to the fix there.

Thanks,
:-)

HDSPe MADI-FX, M-32 AD, M-32 DA, ADI-8 QS, ADI 192 DD, ADI 648, Mytek Stereo 96 AD/DA