Topic: Panoramic TotalMix HDSPeMADI avec SPL Madison

Hello all,

This is my first collaboration in this forum. Thanks everybody for your time and help. I'm Spanish and sorry for my English.

I write for demand help about TotalMix. I tried to read anywhere in the Web about my "problem" but after 2 days to try to understand where is my problem finally I ask you one solution.

I bought one RME Audio HDSPe MADI and a SPL Madison. My project it's to buy more outboard and work with less plugins. My DAW is Reaper.

I would like to do is to send the 16 channels (mono and stereo) to the 16 outputs of the SPL Madison. My problem is with the mono channels. When Reaper send the mono track to TotalMix in software Playback, I do two mono chanels (ex.3 and 4) and I listen the track only in the left. The pan of Reaper doesn’t work.

After in Harware Ouputs I make two mono channels (ex. 3 and 4) and I send the channel 3 of software Playback to channel 3 to Harware Ouputs and always I listen the music in the left channel.

The only solution is work only with stereo channels but I lose the channels for nothing. It's possible to do for example one setup like this:

1, 2, 3, 4 Mono channels
5+6, 7+8, 9+10 Stereo channels

And in the ouptuts of SPL Madison to have 10 channels?

I don't understand why the panoramic missing in the Harware Ouputs when you change the channels stereo to mono.

Maybe is easy to to but I don't understand where is the problem...

I hope my English allows you to understand my problem.

Regards,

Re: Panoramic TotalMix HDSPeMADI avec SPL Madison

If you use Reaper with the RME ASIO driver, have all tracks correctly assigned (seems not) and reset TotalMix to not interfere at all (you might have set TM FX already to do something wrong) then it should indeed work.

The hardware output can not have pan as it is (obviously) just one hardware channel.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Panoramic TotalMix HDSPeMADI avec SPL Madison

Thanks for your fast answer. Tomorrow I will see the assignments tracks and reset TotalMix also. I'll tell you the results.
Kind regards,
Carlos