1 (edited by Morbius 2016-09-27 14:31:07)

Topic: MIDI control in Totalmix

Hi All,

I have an HDSPe AIO and I have issues controling Totalmix with midi Korg Nanokontrol MIDI controler.
I read the documentation but it seems to be based on old version of totalmix.
Few setup are not documented and I am a bit lost.

Does anyone know the role of all following setup ?

http://img4.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_610305Capture.png

Does anyone have a comple documentation (wich CC for which totalmix function) of all functions like channel mute, etc.

Edit : config is HDSPe AIO - TotalMix FX 1.31 - Win 10 64bits

Re: MIDI control in Totalmix

There is a manual for the new TM FX, instead of multiple updates for older cards/interfaces.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks.
Where can it be found ?
Links on RME website give you old totalmix doc.

At the top: HDSP/HDSPe Series - Changes in driver generation 4.x

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by Morbius 2016-09-29 16:51:07)

Thanks a lot, found it.
Much better !

But MIDI controls are still not very documented.
For example, what is the setup to mute a chanel ?

Edit : What's happening ? Why is my post replaced by "I AM A BLODDY SPAMMER ?" ?

You spelled "channel" wrong. C*H*A*N*E*L will be replaced on the forum as spammers use this word a lot.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hummm

So question is : where to find precise documentation of MIDI controls of Totalmix FX ?
Example : how to mute a channel ?

Contacted the support, apparently only what is docuemntend can be controlled thru MIDI.

Wait, what? So this means there's no support for mute through MIDI in my Fireface UCX?

Picture this:

You have 4 monitoring devices, say two pairs of studio monitors, headphones and one Auratone.

You carefully set up the levels on all 4, and now you want to toggle them on and off for comparison.

You would think that buying a top shelf interface with top shelf software would allow you to do just that, because, let's face it, that is like one of the most basic things you do on a daily basis in your studio, right?

Yes, I know I can click on Total Mix for that, but I would *REALLY* like to use a control surface instead.

No go then?