1 (edited by kaczor954 2016-09-30 21:08:49)

Topic: HDSP 9652 - the unsigned drivers

Hello,

I installed a Windows 7 64 bit on a new SSD Disc.
I've installed the lastest drivers for the HDSP 9652 but the card is not working, and Windows says, that this drivers are unsigned (Code 52).

How to solve this problem? I used this soundcard for about 3 years on similar configuration (with old Win 7 64bit on HDD) and everything was ok. sad

I can't work without this, so please help me!

Re: HDSP 9652 - the unsigned drivers

The drivers are signed - with updated signatures, and your OS needs an update as well. Either run an automatic update or install KB3020369 and KB3172605.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks RME Support! That solved the problem!

(This is why my next interface will be also RME interface smile )

Hello kaczor954 and all the Code 52 tormented people,

Windows 7 64Bit got a refresh with it's Driver Signing behavior some time ago (03/2016).
Microsoft dropped the support for their SHA-1 code signatures and moved
to the SHA-2 signature standard. The later Windows 8 and 10 already support
the SHA-2 standard out of the box.

The RME drivers v4.1.4 and before were SHA-1, so you could install these on a fresh Win7-64
and work, but to use RME HDSP drivers till v4.1.4 ( v4.1.5, v4.1.7 ... ) you are
forced to update your system ONLY with :

KB3033929

This is the Windows 7 64Bit SHA-2 code signing support Update.

For RME it's simple to make one driver for all ( W7, W8, W10 ), but if you have a
offline Workstation like me and many other users, you are forced to do this update.
Seperate Drivers are the solution : SHA-1 signed ones for W7 only,
because they work out of the box ( no CODE 52 ) and the SHA-2 model ones for W8 to W10.
But we won't get this ( i hear someone saying : time to get W10, the same who
said it's impossible to build a 64bit driver for the loved Hammerfall 9652 series, which
died for all 64 Bit users some years ago and we were forced to update to a HDSP ...... )
I think the driver golden times are gone.

Check the actual v4.1.7 driver details -> hdsp_64.sys. Look at the copyright owner Info.
See the signing crap ?

Cheers
Teal'c

If you would try to install that driver under all the mentioned OS versions then you would realize it is not crap but a working solution.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

https://s27.postimg.org/x9zvkwej7/IMG_0307.jpg

I never said the drivers are crap ! They are working.
See the signing crap ? -> Look at the Screenshot ... ( ¡¿ 1/2 RME )

... i heard you coming, Admin MC.
My only intension was to help some people here, because
the sources for Code 52 errors are rare.

Cheers
Teal'c

IMHO your information/experience is outdated. The installation of said KB is no longer required. We optimized all our drivers after 10/2016 (the post you replied to) so that they can be installed right away on all OS, independent from the patch level.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Last week we made 4 fresh Win 7 x64 SP1 installs on our offline DAW units.
No updates were applied.

The actual RME driver v4.1.7 gave a code 52 ( SHA-2 ).
The  older RME driver v4.1.5 gave a code 52 ( SHA-2 ).
The  older RME driver v4.1.4 worked ( SHA-1 ).

Your told " independence from patch level " could not be verified.
The mentioned KB update is still needed and not outdated.
Investigations on the driver itself showed some buggy namings.

(Game) over & out.
Teal'c

It would be more easy and time-saving to give a solid and informative error report already in the beginning, so that we can verify correct behavior, instead of throwing obsolete statements around that won't help at all.

For your information: we will check the above again, it was supposed to work. Regarding the crap symbols: that is just the Copyright symbol not shown correctly due to font problems, and has nothing to do with the signing itself or any other 'crap'.

Update: we checked and on our system it works correctly. Note that driver 4.15 was a broken in-between version (installer). Installer 4.17 detects the current Windows version and then extracts the matching files. All our driver installers were updated to work this way, and since two months we had zero complaints about this issue anymore.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME