Topic: Copy TMFX routing/settings from UFX to UFX+?

Hi, I've just got my UFX+ which will eventually replace my beloved UFX. The UFX+ will be connected to the studio hardware in the same way as the old unit except for MADI, which is new - obviously... cool

As I have some pretty complex routing going on and a few TMFX snapshots for different situations, it would be nice if one could copy the settings to the new unit. I've tried to load a UFX workspace when the UFX+ was active in TMFX but it didn't work.

Is there a way to do this?

2 (edited by ramses 2016-10-08 14:10:14)

Re: Copy TMFX routing/settings from UFX to UFX+?

To migrate routing between different devices, maybe also not only limited to only this specific use case UFX to UFX+,
is surely a not so trivial task to program, as the devices differ in ports and also port capabilities (optical S/PDIF).

I could think of that this doesn't stand on #1 of the hit list for a developer as potentially it will never be perfect and do all tasks that you wish wink

I took it as an occastion to clean-up a bit wink

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Copy TMFX routing/settings from UFX to UFX+?

Correct. What might help is to enter Matrix view on both units (two windows) and simply copy all the routings manually. Doesn't take too long this way.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME