1 (edited by Alek_A 2016-10-15 13:50:53)

Topic: Mackie control cycles through the rows.

Hi,

Shortly, when I press down at Output row, mackie cursor jumps to Inputs.
Also when I press Up at Input row, it jumps to Outputs.

Is there any way to prevent this??

I'm developing software aimed to control groups of faders and other parameters in TotalMix, using simple interface:

TotalMix <---> (the software) <---> Control surface

The only way to read parameters from TotalMix that I found, is to use Mackie protocol to cycle through the required channels, receiving the values via midi. Mackie protocol is also required to select submix.

The problem is that I can't determine start position. The mackie cursor may appear at previous position when TotalMix opens.
When I used HDSPE AIO, there were not such problem. Now with Fireface 802 (or some TM update) it cycles through rows.
I used to send several up and left commands and was sure that mackie cursor is at 1st Input in Inputs row.

Can someone advise me how to solve the problem?

PS: It would be great if there were some API to request required parameters from TotalMix (for example via sysex)

Re: Mackie control cycles through the rows.

Ok, what I have now:

I looked into every option in TotalMix, and described behavior does not seem to be adjustable.
To chose output submix I have to send pair of commands (select Output submix N, down command) x 3 times.
Reading values from TotalMix is not possible, without seeing where mackie cursor is.

As a workaround I can manually set mackie cursor to 3rd row and hope it will be there through reboots, installs and config changes
Though it confuses me a little, as I have to be sure that everything is 100% working during performance.

Dear MC, could you please comment this?

What should I expect?

1) Will you implement checkbox in the settings "[x] Don't cycle mackie cursor vertically"?
2) Will you implement absolute access of TotalMix parametrs, rather than relative (through mackie protocol cursor position)?
3) Won't fix
4) Or will you provide some other solution?

3 (edited by Alek_A 2016-10-15 18:25:42)

Re: Mackie control cycles through the rows.

I found, that TotalMix actually reports back cursor position via sysex, and I'll try to use that value in navigation!
Just out of curiosity, are there any plans to implement absolute access to TotalMix parameters? Because currently, using Mackie or OSC protocol, to pick some value of TotalMix matrix you have to:
- navigate to Output row
- select specific submix
- navigate to required position
- listen to reported values