Topic: RME UCX as converter for HDSPe RayDAT

Hi,

I just decided to change my studio setup from using UCX as central point towards HDSPe Raydat as central digital hub.
The target plan is to use 'some' external converters connected via ADAT to Raydat.
I wonder is it possible and reasonable in transition period (that is before I acquire those converters) to use my UCX as AD/DA converter? I would configure it to route all analog inputs to adat out and route adat in to analog outs.

Specifically:

• Can I have both interfaces installed in Windows or should I keep UCX in standalone mode?

• If it is possible to have both installed in Windows how the Totalmix is going to behave with them? Am I gonna have two totalmix instances or both cards will be visible in same totalmix

I don't want to use UCX as audio interface in this setup. I want it to be a converter with levels/gains controlled by Totalmix software from same PC where RayDAT is installed.

Re: RME UCX as converter for HDSPe RayDAT

The UCX includes a factory preset - Ad - in the Setup section (SU) that does exactly that. Of course you can also program any state into one of the 6 memory slots.

You can have both interfaces installed. The UCX has a different driver, so ASIO and performance will not be influenced, but you can still control it completely via TotalMix FX. Which answers your other question when looking at the top right - you select the current interface there.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME