Topic: Totalmix FX, BCF2000 and Logic Pro X

Hi.

I've been using a Behringer BCF2000 with my Fireface 800, mainly to control the main output volume in TotalMix.
It works fine.

I've now started to use Logic Pro X, and I'm experiencing som issues - it seems to me that Logic Pro X takes over control of my BCF2000 for use as a control surface in Logic.
I've tried to find a solution which allows me to disable the BCF2000, or more precisely the midi in port of my Fireface 800 - so that I can continue to use the BCF2000 to control TotalMix FX instead of Logic.
It appears to possible to do it after I open Logic either via the Environment og the Disable Control Surface, but every time I start Logic, it takes over control and the faders on the BCF2000 goes "all over the place".

I have yet to find a solution that works.

Anyone?

Regards,
Thomas

Re: Totalmix FX, BCF2000 and Logic Pro X

Hi Thomas!

All you need to do is this:

In Logic Pro X, go to Environment, 1) add a new monitor and 2) draw a cable from you ff800 midi port to your new monitor. It's going to be a dead end so you BFC2000 will no longer control Logic.

You can also do the same thing for your Logic template so you never have to do it again manually.

Cheers,

-sammy

Hi Sammy.

Thanks for the input. It works great - together with removing the automatically installed Mackie Control Surface which Logic detects when it starts - and adjusting the setting of not automatically installing/detecting it again.

Is there any way to embed this change/setting in the default/built in templates or some sort of global preset?
It works fine when I save a template and create a new project from this template - but it would be nice to have this setting made "universally".

Regards,
Thomas

If I remember correctly you can replace the default templates in library but there's no default setting for that. As a default Logic will detect all midi inputs.