1 (edited by Nomad76 2016-11-12 15:40:29)

Topic: Speaker B Switch doesn't work with Master Mute

Hello.

When ever I apply the mute button to the channels 1/2 and 3/4 (Main and Speaker B) the Speaker B functionality stops working. Specifically the Metering will switch, but the sound will still play out of both channels / speakers. If I disengaged the Mute Button, then the functionality will return (The selected speaker will play and the other one will turn off).

Ideally, I want to keep the mute enabled, and keep the functionality of switching speakers.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a software bug?

Thanks in advance

Darrin (Nomad76)

My system is an iMac, with Fireface UFX, OS 10.11.6

Re: Speaker B Switch doesn't work with Master Mute

I can not reproduce. Make sure you use the latest driver, TotalMix FX and firmware. Also perform a Rest Mix - Total Reset from within TM FX to check the internal routing is not somehow invalid/screwed up.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Nomad76 2016-11-12 15:40:46)

Thank you for responding!

My Firmware is version: 357
Driver: v2.18
Total Mix Version: 1.35
OSX Version 10.11.6.

I'm certain I have the latest drivers. I re-installed the latest package. I also did a "Reset Mix - Total Reset." The same problem.

Here is a screenshot of my setup:
http://i67.tinypic.com/8vs285.png

As seen by the meter lights in the picture, Speaker B switches on. However, the Mains do not turn off. But if I clear the mutes, it functions correctly.

***To Be Clear, I'm using the "GLOBAL MUTE"***

Here is a screenshot after I did a Total Mix Reset. My Name Labels went away, but the problem remains the same.
http://i66.tinypic.com/2ln8xlf.png

-----------
I'm not here to complain. The Fireface UFX is worth every penny I spent on it! I only use Speaker Mutes when recording, and Speaker switching when Mixing. So I can easily work around this by setting up Snapshots. So thank you for looking at this matter.

Perfect description, thanks for that! The error condition happens after Global Mute has been activated one time. You can also see the error if you set the Level Meters to Post FX, or look at the display of the unit. We'll fix this.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Congrats! You found a bug that had been there ever since. It also affected the Mute groups. Fix coming most probably today.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by Nomad76 2016-11-12 00:44:30)

LOL! Glad I could help!

Thank you for helping me keep my dream studio perfect, and my work flow simple. smile

I swear, RME is the best!

+1

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Here we go:

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 01#p115801

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME