Topic: Sync issue-digi chatter while using 3-adi (Nuendo) 8 I/O's

I am recording a 36 channel live recording.  While hooking up the 3-8 I/O's I got them to "Sync" in the DSP settings window.  It seemed to work fine for a brief moment.  Then I started to get a lot of chatter.  I thought it might be over taxing my CPU on playback, but using Nuendo I checked it and it was down at about 10% usage.  I still increased the buffer to 8192.  Same thing:(

I'm recording using 2-96/52's sync'ed internally (SPDIF).
24 channels are coming in to CPU via-light pipe-using the 8 I/O's with Grace Pre's
12 Channels coming in using a Behringer Digi mixer-via light pipe
The Behringer signal is clean.:)
The 3-8 I/O's are not.:(
They are all connected by Word Clock using one 8 I/O as master, going to the other 2 as slaves and to the Behringer as slave.  All are showing "Sync" in the DSP settings window.

Do I need an outboard word clock to sync all these up or should it work as is???

Any ideas?

Thanks,
mojoso

Re: Sync issue-digi chatter while using 3-adi (Nuendo) 8 I/O's

Did you try the 8-I/Os on the other card?
How are the cards synced, to the ADAT inputs?
How do you get audio from one card to the other, or do you mix in Nuendo and output only through one card?
What output are you listening to?

piece, tefkas

Re: Sync issue-digi chatter while using 3-adi (Nuendo) 8 I/O's

tefkas, I believe I have it fixed with the new driver update as of 28Mar08.  The recording I did was on 27Mar08.  So I'm really glad they updated the driver:-)  I did upgrade my memory to 4 gig, even though Windows only recognizes 3.25.  That problem was specifically addressed in that update.  I also made sure the Firmware was up to date.  I recorded today for about 2 hours with no problems:-)  I'm going to do more recording tomorrow, so if all is well I'll delete this thread.  Thanks for the response.  It was very frustrating.  I really love all the RME stuff I own:-)