1 (edited by paulnajar 2016-12-01 22:31:48)

Topic: Possible Bug

I've just installed a surround monitor system in my studio and am using Totalmix snapshots to switch between stereo and surround monitor setups on UFX.

The two speaker setups don't share outputs at all. In stereo I use outs 1&2 + 3&4 for main and speaker B. In surround I use Outs 5-8 + AES (via converter) to feed surround speakers.

I have the 3 stereo faders for the 6 channels in a fader group and I assign those faders to Main, Phones 1 and Phones 2 so they all appear in the control room section of the screen together.

I use Lemur as a remote via iPad and an old iPhone 3g. It all works great except when I change snapshots from stereo to surround, Lemur gets very confused about fader assignments. If in stereo and I switch to surround and move the main out fader in Lemur it still moves AN 1/2 (my main stereo speakers) even though I'm in surround and Main is assigned to 5/6 and linked via fader group to other 4 outputs.

The opposite happens when going from surround snapshot back to stereo. Lemur master fader still moves 5/6 instead of assigned 1/2.

If I move channel left or right in Lemur it seems to wake up the system. Also if I quit and re launch Totalmix this wakes it up as well.

I'm on Mac OS Sierra.

Is this a small bug?

Re: Possible Bug

Hi Paul,

can you please confirm that this is an issue only when 'Submix linked to OSC control' is inactive? Means activating it the problem should be gone. If so we think we could provide a quick fix in TM FX 1.40 b5.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Possible Bug

That was it Matthias! I just didn't have the submix linked properly.

So to answer your question. Yes it is only a problem when "Submix Linked To OSC Control" is inactive.

Once I activated it for the appropriate OSC devices it worked perfectly.

Thanks for your help