1 (edited by Late_Bloomer 2016-12-08 04:56:47)

Topic: HDSPe AIO & Presonus Digimax DP88

Hello,

Looking for some clarification if possible.

I'm having difficulties getting AIO and DP88 to work together. My goal is to add 8 analogue I/Os so I can use some hardware that I have: compressor, preamp, etc. What I've done so far is connected DP88 to AIO via Toslink cables. One going from AIO's 'ADAT Out' to DP88's 'ADAT In' and another one going out of DP88's 'ADAT Out' going into AIO's 'ADAT In'. I also have a BNC cable going out of 'WC Out' of RME World Clock Module connected to AIO, going in DP88's clock input. My main outs are going out of RME to Dangerous Music Source via AES. As far as I know all AIO's outputs can be used simultaneously, so this shouldn't cause any issues. Having all of that connected and having done AIO's internal routing in Total Mix, I'm still not able to get anything going.

Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Or if what I'm trying to do is even possible, even though I don't see why it wouldn't be. I checked all the cables, pretty sure they all work. Maybe it's just that I'm messing up my internal routing in Total Mix.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Re: HDSPe AIO & Presonus Digimax DP88

Please be more specific about the nature of the actual problem. "Not able to get anything going" is a tad unspecific.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I apologize for being ambiguous. What I meant by "Not able to get anything going" is that I couldn't get any ADAT signal out of AIO. I have used almost all I/Os of my AIO before, but it is my first time trying to use ADAT.

I spent a little more time troubleshooting and it seems that ADAT isnt' being sent out of AIO. As far as I know, whenever you have an active signal a tip of a Toslink cable lights up to indicate that. ADAT cable from DP88 going into AIO does that, but ADAT cable going out of AIO going into DP88 doesn't. I can see in Total Mix that ADAT output signal is being sent, but it doesn't register in DP88, as in it never arrives there. Could AIO's ADAT out port be bad while ADAT in is functioning? Not sure what else it can be. I did test both Toslink cables I'm using and they both work, so it must be something else.

The ADAT output on the AIO card should be showing the red light, if not please check that you are connecting to the correct optical port. Outputs have red light, inputs are dark.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I can't seem to figure out how to set up Total Mix routing to be able to monitor my hardware units in real time. My main outs are routed to DM Source via AES. Can I set up routing so I can monitor ADAT 1/2 & ADAT 3/4 inputs with main out(AES)?