Topic: An RME card I would buy in an instant

I have 2 Fireface 800's that are great apart from the sometimes less than perfect firewire 800 connection. I also have, in a different rig a Fireface UCX that is great apart from the less than perfect firewire 400 connection, that forunately works perfectly with USB 2. One big plus for me the second rig has over the first is that it runs with only one instance of the excellent Totalmix.

I am thinking of, and probably will buy a MADI Fx. This card has way more channels than I need but doesnt let me connect my FF800's, however is does let me connect a madi unit with enough ADAT channels at 96k, and enough audio channels at 96k, but not both.

The obvious answer would be to get a MADI XT and a RaYDAT card, but then I'm back to having 2 instances of the ecxellent Totalmix, not ideal.

Surely with all the legacy ADAT gear still in use there a is gap in the market for a PCIe card based on the MADI FX, reduced MADI channel count even, where the "second card" is 32 channels, SMUX 16, of ADAT?

Re: An RME card I would buy in an instant

> however is does let me connect a madi unit with enough ADAT channels at 96k, and enough audio channels at 96k, but not both.

Why not? ADI-648 translates 32 channels of MADI to ADAT and back. Still two MADI ports free...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME