Topic: Totalmix not seen in Windows 10

I have a FF800. The hardware works great as I can record and playback. However I cannot find  TotalMix anywhere on my computer. I have tried downloading the most recent drivers 4 times.  Each time it says the drivers were installed successfully.  It seems they were because as I previously mentioned I am able to record and playback using the FF800 hardware.  I am using Reaper on a Windows 10 PC and have the Drivers set for ASIO Fireface. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Totalmix not seen in Windows 10

try: C:\Windows\System32\TotalMixFX.exe

i created a shortcut on the task bar for it from that location .... F

Windows 10 seems to block startup items as a default. Take a look at startup items in the Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL), make sure TotalMix and Fireface Settings are set to run at startup. Next reboot, they will be in the system tray as usual.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Windows 10 seems to block startup items as a default. Take a look at startup items in the Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL), make sure TotalMix and Fireface Settings are set to run at startup. Next reboot, they will be in the system tray as usual.

Wonderful world of Microsoft ;-)

Makes no sense to me that programs for autostart become blocked if the user decided to install a program or driver.

Is there no way to get this solved by the RME installer?

I am wondering why there are not more reports. Maybe they added this "feature" in the last big upgrade.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13