Topic: Mic Preamp for hdsp 9632

Hello! I am sure this is a totally stupid question... But I want to record vocals and wonder if I could use the Focusrite Scarlett solo as a Preamp and use its cinch out (normally for monitor boxes) to connect to the hdsp cinch in. This should work, does it..? Thanks!

Re: Mic Preamp for hdsp 9632

Does your F. Solo support stand-alone routing capabilities ?
Otherwise you need to keep the Focusrite Driver installed and use mixcontrol to provide routing.

The Cinch in and out are used for the one and only purpose to make an asynch connection between audio devices. Simply try.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by Volador 2017-02-20 09:43:20)

Thank you! It seems to have no stand alone capabilities... So I have to try or look out for another solution.....

Edit: So, what is the best way to connect a mic Preamp to the hdsp 9632 and is there any budget recommendation?

You can still use it, the scarlet. It just needs to be connected to your computer too. If you enable direct monitoring on the scarlet it will output the mic and guitar to the outputs (headphone and cinch)

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Ah I see... Thank you! I will give it a try!