Topic: An Important feature request for TotalMix FX

Hello,

TotalMix application except Menus is not accessible for screen readers.
We have developed an accessible OSC client, which in combination with TotalMix OSC feature allows us to control almost all parameter.

So far, we have spotted only one important parameter not present  OSC table that published by RME, Instrument/Line
switch for inputs. We will appreciate in case that parameter can be added into future versions of TotalMix.

Thanks to perfect driver support and build quality, RME products are well known as a good investment.
OSC is supported by TotalMix application for several years. But we have not found any recent
statements about it.  So before recommending people to buy the equipment as accessible,
we would like to know whether OSC is going to be supported in a long term.

Cheers,
Can

Re: An Important feature request for TotalMix FX

Hello,

I have decided to clarify who are "we" and why the request is important.

We are a small community and I am sighted developer who tries to help people play/produce the music without computer display. I have found that music industry in general ignore that aspect of programs, almost everything is untested for accessibility and many programs are not accessible at all or in some dialogs only (TotalMix falls into the last category).

After Can has noticed that TotalMix supports OSC, I have tried to find some accessible OSC client. I have not found any and I have written my own: http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,352.0.html

So at the moment we can say to everyone who need good quality audio interfaces with accessible control that RME is a good choice.

In case RME drop completely or partially OSC support in the next TotalMix version, that will almost brick not cheap equipment for mentioned category of users.

So, please answer at least on that part of the request.

azslow3 wrote:

Hello,

I have decided to clarify who are "we" and why the request is important.

We are a small community and I am sighted developer who tries to help people play/produce the music without computer display. I have found that music industry in general ignore that aspect of programs, almost everything is untested for accessibility and many programs are not accessible at all or in some dialogs only (TotalMix falls into the last category).

After Can has noticed that TotalMix supports OSC, I have tried to find some accessible OSC client. I have not found any and I have written my own: http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,352.0.html

So at the moment we can say to everyone who need good quality audio interfaces with accessible control that RME is a good choice.

In case RME drop completely or partially OSC support in the next TotalMix version, that will almost brick not cheap equipment for mentioned category of users.

So, please answer at least on that part of the request.

I sent too many emails, called Daniel via Phone, wrote afew forum messages and created some topic but... didn't get any reply. I really don't know is it really hard for them?

We have checked and think we can add the mic/line/instr switching in OSC within the next two weeks.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

We have checked and think we can add the mic/line/instr switching in OSC within the next two weeks.

Hello Matthias,

I really don't know how to say thank you!

At last thing, could you check the other Totalmix options/buttons/faders/controls that they are not available on the OSC table? OSC is really important for us, any changes would be awsome!

Thanks a lot again,
regards!

Here is TotalMix FX 1.42 Beta 1 for you to check out the added functionality:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/to … _142b1.zip

The updated OSC table is here:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/os … ix_new.zip

The added items are on page 2:
instrument
pad
msProc
refLevel
playChannel

Note also that the new OSC table has the fader options included that were there some time already. These are available via menu Options, Settings, tab OSC, Options.

A TouchOSC template showcasing all functions is here:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/os … uchosc.zip

Note the 'iPad Pro': it does not work on a normal iPad as the added switches do not fit the screen. It is still useful to simply check the code in case of questions.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

7 (edited by cankirca 2017-03-15 13:28:38)

Hello Matthias,

I'm really don't know how to say "thank you", really happy from that result!

That means RME is listening to us, I am proud of you! Thank you so much for this development, the lives of blind musicians will become easier thanks to your contributions. Currently OSC is the most precise and comprehensive solution for us. I ask you to keep in mind that accessibility is important everytime, please do not forget us in the new updates.

**I will look that tonight!