1 (edited by fknchino 2017-03-20 15:55:47)

Topic: AI4S/AO4S ribbon cable

Hi everyone.
I have a couple questions!

I've recently purchased both the AI4S and AO4S. Unfortunately my PCI slots are full so I've made an alternative mount on the front of my computer (cd drive slot).. The IDC cables supplied are too short so I've been searching the web for a 26 Position IDC Socket (Female / Female) flat ribbon cable, at least 2ft (60cm) in length.

At first I thought this would be a no-brainer but with the limited availability of these cables in length it makes me wonder if there would be any issues, such as latency, with longer cables?

Second, as these cables are hard to find (at least in australia) I was thinking of making my own, purchasing two female idc connectors a 26 way ribbon cable, since this is a one off thing I'm trying to avoid buying a dedicated crimp tool, would anyone have an alternative suggestion?

Thanks

Pic:

http://i.imgur.com/KCX7YTl.jpg

Re: AI4S/AO4S ribbon cable

I dont think 4-5 feet ribon will be an issue but you will need a crimp tool. I am not sure if you run a passive design  that must stay vertical , there are rackmounts with 12 slots and rigs stay cool and near silent with water cooling or T Cpus
Your fractal has 7 pci slots if you get a Cooler Master HAF-X that will give you 9 slots a better case minus the tool expense.

thats what i  did when i needed more space for my TD4 rig cards..

jackyloup wrote:

I dont think 4-5 feet ribon will be an issue but you will need a crimp tool. I am not sure if you run a passive design  that must stay vertical , there are rackmounts with 12 slots and rigs stay cool and near silent with water cooling or T Cpus
Your fractal has 7 pci slots if you get a Cooler Master HAF-X that will give you 9 slots a better case minus the tool expense.

thats what i  did when i needed more space for my TD4 rig cards..

Thanks but as you can already see I've committed by drilling holes into my case. Lol.
Can't I just use a vice or something, squish the two together? No?

maybe someone here knows a russian hack. there is a tool on amazon for $15 if no one shows up with a solution i figure.