1 (edited by bejoro 2017-03-26 17:02:17)

Topic: ADI-2 PRO treble/bass - dark volume display

One tiny thing I noticed from my work with the ADI-2 PRO. Just a tiny idea.

I am not the youngest fellow any more, so I need reading glasses from time to time.

The dark volume display shows bass and treble settings for Out 1/2 and 3/4.

It would be nice to see (without reading glasses) whether bass or treble was changed from neutral position.

Red colored numbers for negative values and green colored numbers for positive values would be nice, white for 0,0 db.

But please keep in mind, that pure red (and blue) are sometimes difficult to read on displays (for the elderly). A "light" red and "light" green would be sufficient, I guess.

No big deal, just an idea. You could see, whether treble or bass was changed at first sight (and then pick up the reading glasses).

But maybe that was more of a design decision to show everything monochrome.

Thanks.

Re: ADI-2 PRO treble/bass - dark volume display

If such a change shall come, please make it configurable and default to the current status.

I personally prefer not to have colours in this (very nice) B&W theme.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Yes, the b&w design is intentionally and will not change, sorry.

I am wondering if it would help to show -:- instead of 0.0 dB. That would be readable without glasses...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

"-:-" looks for me like a none existing value / error.

If I may do a suggestion. Currently it shows "+0.0 dB", what about simply removing the "+" sign in the case of "0" dB ?

Before / After:
B +0.0 T +0.0
B   0.0 T   0.0"

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks, I thought so that b/w was intentional.

I also think that -.- is not a good choice.

If color is unwanted maybe to display positive and negative T/B values brighter (brighter white). That would make it more distinguishable from 0.0.

As said, no big deal for me and no problem if it stays like it is. I simply keep my reading glasses at hand. smile

We removed the + sign from 0.0 dB in firmware DSP 76. Helps a bit.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME