Topic: HDSPe madi - ssl alphalink madi ax -distorted audio on analog out

Hi Everybody,

i just got my Alphalink Madi AX, connected (madi) to a RME HDSPe madi on a 2008 8-core MacPro. i thought this will be e great setup.
i only get very distorted audio on the anolog outs of the alphalink. clock settings correct (tried master, slave.. no difference). Audio ok on analog out of the RME card. (i tried the analog in of the aplhalink putting out adat to my M-audio Firefire interface i use mobile and it works fine) it seems this problem has occured not once.
Did anybody solve this ? or do i have to send the unit in and wait (wich of course i don`t like).
thanks for any support.

Uwe

Re: HDSPe madi - ssl alphalink madi ax -distorted audio on analog out

Set the MADI card to 56 channel mode to see if that works. Otherwise no known problem at RME.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks, got it fixed !!

I don?t know what actually made it work. i set the hdspe to 56 ch and i fiddled with the option switch on the alphalink (see manual) to set it to 56 ch as well. works great now.

before that I even tried to flash-update my hdspe (even though it stated "up to date") that failed. card still works (thanks to great security bios).

do i have to fix something now for future flash updates ?

Thanks,
Uwe

Which version is the firmware now?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi,

i?ve been running HDSPe flash update 1.5. this is what it says now.

Madi PCIe Rev. 17
up to date.

driver version 2.57

everything is running fine just some minor things,
- when system starts i often have 3 x the madi mixer and settings application open in my dock (??)
- the applications are named "hdsp madi aes 32" (That probably means same driver for HDSPe family ??)

great product, i love totalmix. this is the best software mixer for monitor/ headphone mixes i`ve ever seen. I bought an 16ch mackie mixer just for monitor mixes and now i find myself doing it all in totalmix..great.

thanks,
Uwe