1 (edited by ststephen 2017-04-01 05:20:29)

Topic: Resurrect Vintage DIGIFACE

I'd like to resurrect my original DIGIFACE and Total Mix, to use with my 2008 Mac Pro, running 10.11, Digital Performer, Logic, and Garage Band.
If this is possible, What hardware, firmware,  and software updates are required to do this.
I have other HDDs mounted in the Pro that BOOT IN  OS6.5,  OS 7.5, to run older apps that are incompatible with the latest OS.
Can the DIGIFACE and totalmix be made to run on those OS's, if 10.11 can't be done?
Can anyone recc a decent quality Audio Front end, doing Guitar, Mic, line, midi, 24/192 capable, USB (AND LIGHTNING OPTIONAL. 4 preamps would be nice, as my midi guitars also need 2 of them, for their separate pick up and piezo bridge Ins.
*** I'd like it to be portable to enable it to plug into a Mac Book Pro and iPad Pro, for Gigging live with my Casio PG380 midi guitar, using its own and accessing the Mac Books software sounds, instruments,  stomp box and processor sounds, amp emulations, and recording capability, via software stuffed into the Mac Book.
Is anyone doing this & can you recc biggest bang for the buck Front Ends in the 300, 500, 1000 price categories?
Do any come with bundled guitar oriented software? Or which are the best apps to purchase separately? Thanks.

Re: Resurrect Vintage DIGIFACE

The latest drivers are available on our website, Firmware updates as well. If the DF and the PCIe card are ok then they will work even with Sierra.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME