Topic: Fireface UFX+ latency when recording.

Hello.

I am having a problem with recording via the analogue inputs on the Fireface UFX+.

I am receiving a delay at the start of the recording.

I am using Cubase 8.5 with Windows 7 professional.

I have an 8 core Intel PC with 32GB RAM.

I will include a screenshot which Includes the different latency results when recording a VST instrument and the JD-XA (the JD-XA is outboard gear and is plugged into the analogue inputs the Fireface UFX+)

Here is the screenshot.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B40YBP … p=drivesdk

Any help resolving this matter will be much appreciated! smile

Doug.

Re: Fireface UFX+ latency when recording.

You might be blaming the rme incorrectly. It could be either the midi timing offset of your software or the midi response time of the jdxa.

Try sending the same midi to an internal vst. If the results are accurate then it is most likely the response time of the external synth.

paulnajar wrote:

You might be blaming the rme incorrectly. It could be either the midi timing offset of your software or the midi response time of the jdxa.

Try sending the same midi to an internal vst. If the results are accurate then it is most likely the response time of the external synth.

I have never heard of that before. The VST recording is perfect. It's just when i record outboard gear there is a delay.

I'll find out where those settings are and I'll post a response.

4 (edited by doug2011uk 2017-04-04 12:42:52)

I have found a solution by adjusting the track delay on the source MIDI tracks while recording.