Topic: Fireface 400 + Fireface UCX on the same Totalmix?

Hello,
in the very near future I would like to use my UCX as main output card and my old Fireface 400 only as a D/A converter for the ADAT tracks coming out of the UCX..  It would be nice to get a bigger AD/DA Converter right away, but money wise I can not do it that soon.

The technical support told me I can use the FF400 in Stand alone mode and use it to convert the tracks, but in the manual it says you also have to do your routing in TotalMix..
Since my FF400 is in another city at the moment,  I can not test it, but wouldn`t it be possible to have it connected to the PC as well and just choose the right device from the TotalMix Dropdown menu in the right corner? Or do they conflict with eachother?

In case they conflict with eachother, what would be the best way to work around that?
Simply disconnect the UCX, do my settings, save and replug UCX?  Guess so....
Thanks for any help,
best TTT

Re: Fireface 400 + Fireface UCX on the same Totalmix?

Manual page 8
"The functions Store in Flash Memory (Settings dialog) and Flash current mixer state (TotalMix)
will store the current settings into the Fireface 400. The unit then remembers all settings, and
loads these automatically when switched on. With this, the Fireface 400 can be used standalone
after setting it up accordingly, replacing lots of dedicated devices (see chapter 20)."

Connect all Firefaces to your PC ... If they use different driver, then the DAW can only work with one.
But you can keep the TM connection open to configure it ...
Or set one stand-alone config.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Fireface 400 + Fireface UCX on the same Totalmix?

Thank you Ramses, sorry I haven' t seen that point in the manual but thought the storage option could be the clue.
I will have a closer look when I have the FF400 back here, looks like either way it' s pretty doable.
Best,
TTT