Topic: RME UFX - Program Basic Remote

I'm trying to figure out if I can program any functions on the basic remote for my RME UFX. Right now the "prog" button switches speakers and the toggle does volume which are both great. Pushing the big toggle is "dim" - this I would like to change to "mute." Or can I change "recall" to mute? I don't use that either.

In Key Command Settings in TotalMix there doesn't seem to be an option to do this so maybe it's not possible?

Re: RME UFX - Program Basic Remote

Just figured out how to set "recall" so it turns the volume off, but would still like to have a dedicated mute button so I don't have to scroll the volume back up. Thanks!

i am trying to figure out how to change the settings of both the "recall" button and the push function of the big knob.

is this possible? i'd like to be able to change the headphone volume with the big knob.

Recall and Dim Buttons are fixed. No individual settings are possible with BRC and ARC.

Hello, do you know if it's possible to set the scroll whell of the BRC to a fader group?
Many thanks

Please note that the BRC and ARC are discontinued products (the BRC still ships with the ADI-8 QS, though). They are replaced by the far superior (and not expensive) ARC USB, which enables tons of additional functions and actions. There will be no changes to the existing BRC or ARC control capabilities.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Please note that the BRC and ARC are discontinued products (the BRC still ships with the ADI-8 QS, though). They are replaced by the far superior (and not expensive) ARC USB, which enables tons of additional functions and actions. There will be no changes to the existing BRC or ARC control capabilities.

Yes, but the new ARC USB controller is here in Germany still not available.... After one year announcing at MM 2016! Please dear RME team do such thinks not any more again. This is definitely just unworthy for a seriously company.
Since month, there are no official informations or explanations for the new ARC USB controller from RME. Do not leave your customers in the lurch. This is in my opinion unacceptable. Thank you very much

I know, and of course the delay was not intentionally nor expected nor forseeable. I personally visited the factory last week to supervise production and it is in full swing. The ARC USB will show up very soon at your favourite dealer!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Dear Matthias Carstens,

thank you very much for your fast reply. But what does "in full swing" and "will show up very soon at your favourite dealer" meaning? I remember nearly last August/September - around half a year ago - when you voiced last time about the new ARC USB controller and says coming soon.

Thomann says: "Voraussichtliche Lieferung am 10.4.2017" Music Store says: "Bestellt, voraussichtlicher Liefertermin am 03.04.2017" justmusic/Berlin says: "nicht auf Lager"

Is this a realistic date?

For me I'm looking to the new UFX II Interface. It's still available. But in this price range I would never paying for a additional and seriously expensive analogue controller. So, in my case the new UFX II without the new ARC USB controller seems to be just useless if the 19" interface is rack mounted beside. I do not waiting more than just 1-2 weeks. Probably then looking for other manufacturers.

Trommeltotti wrote:

Dear Matthias Carstens,

thank you very much for your fast reply. But what does "in full swing" and "will show up very soon at your favourite dealer" meaning? I remember nearly last August/September - around half a year ago - when you voiced last time about the new ARC USB controller and says coming soon.

Thomann says: "Voraussichtliche Lieferung am 10.4.2017" Music Store says: "Bestellt, voraussichtlicher Liefertermin am 03.04.2017" justmusic/Berlin says: "nicht auf Lager"

Is this a realistic date?

For me I'm looking to the new UFX II Interface. It's still available. But in this price range I would never paying for a additional and seriously expensive analogue controller. So, in my case the new UFX II without the new ARC USB controller seems to be just useless if the 19" interface is rack mounted beside. I do not waiting more than just 1-2 weeks. Probably then looking for other manufacturers.

Besides potential "politics" behind these statements, its worth to get the UFX II and to wait for the controller.

I am also using my mouse for the time being with the UFX+ .. and its really not that bad as to change vendor.
Then you change vendor and then ?! .. No TotalMix no fun ...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Update: the ARC USB has now arrived in our warehouse in serious quantities. It will be shipped out in the next days to our distributors, from there to the dealers. I expect two weeks that it needs to be finally available.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you Matthias Carstens for this information.

After one year uncertainty for RME clients I would to assume that this is the first clarify and directly statement concerning to the new RME ARC USB controller from RME. How ever at this point potential customers can now for the first time taking a seriously way to plan with the ARC USB announcement last year at MM 2016. In other words: The new ARC USB controller was just one full year a surreal figment of the imagination or maybe a composite sketch. I personally like much more the real world because I have to pay also real money for those stuff.

With best regards

BTW, your one year delay drumming is only true for UFX+ customers. Until shortly nobody knew that the ARC USB will be usable for anyone with TM FX. Therefore the situation is not at all as bad as you make it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

In this way you are right. I remember a video reporting at MM 2016 when somebody asked you about the new ARC USB controller for compatibility with older/other RME interfaces than the new UFX+ interface. And your directly answer (with a smiley) was no! Only working with the new UFX + interface.... My first obsessive thought was: No, it can not be true! What to hell is RME doing there? Even each ordinary midi controller can communicate with the TotalMix mixer. (Probably not in perfectly conditions) Why not the new ARC USB controller from RME itself? After 3/4 year at Namm 2017 the game was changing. RME official pronounced the compatibility with all TotalMix interfaces of course just in online mode with working computer. Also than with the new UFX II as directly connection like the UFX+. But before this announcement all RME users got TotalMix updates were the full ARC USB functionality was just showing at "Options" > "ARC & Key Commands" > "ARC USB Settings"in TotalMix view. Probably a little bit strange information structure from RME and might be a little bit confusion thinks. So, in this case we are starting this argumentation point from the beginning again?

On other hands: Since RME announced at Namm 2017 the new UFX II interface it just was available some weeks later. But furthermore without the new ARC USB controller again. Even not available. This is not a glorious story from RME. Sorry for this

With best regards

15 (edited by ramses 2017-04-04 18:34:18)

We are living in a complex world of supply chains and what not. You can't always forsee everything in terms of timeline and what all can happen when you are building up a new productions of devices.

I don't know, why you are complaining so instantly. I am pretty sure that RME would be glad in the 1st place, if all the planned timelines would have become true, simply because its their business and they earn money with it.

In regards to the backward compatibility of ARC USB there were surely reasons not to tell it too early.
I could think of that also this required development and a lot of testing to ensure, that this is working.

And the UFX II is very similar to the UFX+, so maybe this was easier to be kicked out quickly to market, as UFX+ was already out.

Be fair .. ARC USB is there soon and its also a very nice present from RME to all customers, that they
get many years later after purchase of their old product new functionalities without having to upgrade their hardware.

So I think you should relax a little. I am also waiting for the ARC USB and will simply be happy once its there.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Dear @ramses,

probably you misunderstand a little bit my suggestion. It is not the fact that something could happen at building procedure for new gear. But in my opinion you have to inform your customers if essential delay times are unavoidable. And this is happen with the new ARC USB controller in a exceptional way. That's the point. I'm sure RME assert a claim to it self to reach one of the most famous and best interface manufacturers on earth. But in this case you should also create confidence to your customers every time. Regular Informations are the best way in such situations. And this haven't done for a long time related to the ARC USB. Maybe in last summer or fall was a opportunity for RME to inform customers for a break regarding to the ARC USB. Probably like this:

"Dear customers: RME decided to think about a additional functionality for the new ARC USB controller. Please note that in this case a prompt delivery is not feasible. We will inform you again if there some sufficiency news in this context".

This is just an example. I'm sure there are many possibilities for informing the customers in a right way. So hopefully RME will see my words as welcome suggestions for future projects.

Great news.  Thanks for update RME  :>

Erm... I don't want to bring this up yet again but I just noticed that Thomann are stating another month again for ARC?

"ETA  Due back in stock on 31.05.2017"

Is there any word yet from good sources or if we can trust this date even?

MC wrote:

Update: the ARC USB has now arrived in our warehouse in serious quantities. It will be shipped out in the next days to our distributors, from there to the dealers. I expect two weeks that it needs to be finally available.

By the way.... Who is saying here the untruth? The big stores like Thomann or Music Store or perhaps Mr. Carstens from RME? Or I'm wrong and everybody here in Germany can purchase this ARC USB controller right now? It seems a never ending story. I can not take any more seriously to this company. Sorry for this.

Patience ...