1 (edited by orbiterred 2017-04-05 17:19:50)

Topic: Reamping with BF Pro Headphone Jack into Radial Reamp Box?

Hello,

I am purchasing a Radial JCR Reamp box and I was wondering if it will be possible to reamp via the headphone output from my Babyface Pro. From what I can tell from the manual it's basically a line out but with reduced level, but then it also says I can only go out to two RCA plugs or two TS plugs:

"In case the phones output is to be used as line output an adapter TRS plug to RCA phono
plugs, or TRS plug to two TS plugs is required."

Not sure how this would work with the reamp box? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Also, I assume that I could just run straight off of one of my main XLR outs, the JCR has an XLR hookup as well, but it would mean unplugging the monitor each time which would be a pretty big pain, but I assume no real problems doing this?

Thanks,

Rob

Re: Reamping with BF Pro Headphone Jack into Radial Reamp Box?

Pls give it a start by telling, which RME recording interface you have .. wink

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by orbiterred 2017-04-05 17:20:07)

Yeah that might help! Sorry.

Babyface Pro, edited original post to fix!

A headphone out is unbalanced stereo:

T - left +
R - right +
S - common -

You need a breakout cable, one TRS to 2x TS.

So if I did TRS to 2 x TS - I would have to hard pan left or right depending on which TS end goes into the reamp box? it's a mono signal coming from the DAW.

And that brings up, since it's a mono signal, can I just use a TS -> TS (i.e. guitar cable)?