Topic: HDSPe AES 32 Yosemite 10.10.5 TotalMix Problem

Hi I've recently purchased a HDSPe AES card and installed into a 2012 Apple Mac Pro 12 core machine. I'm only using the main PCIe card not the daughter card as I didn't have enough PCIe slot room available to have both. I updated the firmware on the card to 4.09 and I've installed the 2.27 Mac drivers and the card is being recognised and I can use it in my DAW however when the system boots, the HDSPe Settings app boots up fine but TotalMix just bounces in the dock for quite a while and then stays in the dock unresponsive and won't open. When I control click on it I only see 'Application Not Responding' and a 'Force Quit' option.

Now I've tried repairing permissions and re-installing the driver software again but I notice something. Every time I try to install the Driver software I'm getting this error message after it's completed the installation and asks me to reboot

"The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/SoundflowerSigned.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update."

Does the RME driver software install this 'SoundflowerSigned.kext'? If so why is it failing to install properly and is this the reason TotalMix won't work?

Re: HDSPe AES 32 Yosemite 10.10.5 TotalMix Problem

That is not an RME file.

https://rogueamoeba.com/freebies/soundflower/

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks Jeff, so should I uninstall that extension to see if it fixes the issue I'm having with TotalMix? Any other suggestions as to why TotalMix doesn't want to open?

I just uninstalled all the soundflower extensions, rebooted and re-installed the 2.27 drivers. This time it didn't bring up any error messages regarding the installation. So I pressed the 'restart' button on the bottom of the completed driver installation. Rebooted again and TotalMix still refuses to launch. Same deal as before. It bounces up and down in the dock and when I control click on the TotalMix icon in the dock it says "Application Not Responding" with the option to "Force Quit".

Can I get some help with this one guys?

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=24198

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by matt_g 2017-04-08 08:13:39)

Thanks Matthias the AvidCoreAudio.plugin was the issue.