Topic: ADAT problems

Hi I'm currently trying to test my MPC 3000's individual 1-8 outs to my newly acquired Apogee AD16x.
I'm getting signal from all outputs 1-8 in all the right places.
I have it synced to my RME HDSPe AIO via adat with AD16x set as master, clocks are running at 48k.
Also tried using the AIO as master to no avail.
But the sound is very 'tinny' and I'm not getting any low end at all (I have an 808 program running).
I've double checked everything and even tried the main stereo outputs of the mpc, same problem.
Any thoughts and suggestions will be very appreciated.
Thank you

Re: ADAT problems

Can you pls provide links to products for the MPC I didnt find anything useful.

Cabling schematics would be nice as well to see what you connect analog or digital.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Can you pls provide links to products for the MPC I didnt find anything useful.

Cabling schematics would be nice as well to see what you connect analog or digital.

Well.. It's only 8 Trs (MPC 3000)  --> DB25 Analog in (Apogee AD16x) --> ADAT RME HDSPe AIO

Heres a link to the sampler if you're interested, probably won't be much of help.

http://www.vintagesynth.com/akai/mpc3000.php

I would suggest to set the AIO as master, as RMEs steadyclock technology will be most likely superior and its basically a good idea to set the clock there where the digital equipment is connected to the PC, where the samplefrequency also might be matter of a change.

As the AIO gets the data digitally via ADAT there can't be anything wrong in terms of "sound" on the RME side.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

I would suggest to set the AIO as master, as RMEs steadyclock technology will be most likely superior and its basically a good idea to set the clock there where the digital equipment is connected to the PC, where the samplefrequency also might be matter of a change.

As the AIO gets the data digitally via ADAT there can't be anything wrong in terms of "sound" on the RME side.

Still nothing unforunately

What means nothing .. you mentioned in the 1st post tinny sound and now nothing, could you kindly be more specific, what nothing means ... be aware of, that nobody is sitting beneath you watching what you are doing and what is going on. Everything lives from a very good description.