Topic: ADI-2 Pro crossover settings

Hi Guys,

I'm going to buy this stunning USB interface.

Though browsing the manual, I miss some info about the Lo-Cut/Hi-Cut(band1 & band 5 mode) slope from the PEQ subsection.
Whate are they actual value? Could we change their value e.g 6/12/24db ?

Many thanks for reply.

Cheers,

Stephen

Re: ADI-2 Pro crossover settings

Indeed I missed to mention the exact specs of those filters in the manual, sorry. These are fixed 12 dB/oct filters, with adjustable Q and F, so quite flexible. They are not intended to be used as crossover at all. Such an application makes not much sense as the unit would need more analog outputs for that.

Low Cut: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
Hi Cut: 200 Hz to 20 kHz
Q: 0.5 to 5.0

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for detailed reply.

I know the ADI-2 Pro isn't aimed at crossover goal but indeed it has enough analog outputs to do so, using unusual headphone outputs plus the main outs.
Their emebedded PEQ is such a marvellous feature that they allows tons of applications, even not thought about!

Well done guys!

4 (edited by oskjan 2017-04-09 18:50:06)

MC wrote:

Indeed I missed to mention the exact specs of those filters in the manual, sorry. These are fixed 12 dB/oct filters, with adjustable Q and F, so quite flexible. They are not intended to be used as crossover at all. Such an application makes not much sense as the unit would need more analog outputs for that.

Low Cut: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
Hi Cut: 200 Hz to 20 kHz
Q: 0.5 to 5.0

If that high cut was lowered to "20 Hz to 20 kHz", the machine would be a very nice crossover also, for those who wish to use it as such. Even better if you could select 12 dB/oct or 24 dB/oct.