Topic: pro tools always crashing

Hi people, looking for help, I'm at my wits end. just acquired my new RME ufx. done all the right things ? with drivers, have tried both usb and firewire400 connections, but get same results. am using the correct engine in PT, all goes well, then crash, PT is shutting down and tells me it will restart, it then gives me the error message, Assertion in"..\Sys\Win32\Sys_FileLocWin32.ccp",line 548. I have tried to find the answer to this error message for 4 days now but to no avail. I'm pensioner and not a techy ,bought the RME which is a big purchase for me, after doing my homework, with all the amazing reviews of the product. I'm on PT 12.7.1.,  I have an dell Vostro i7- 2600cpu@ 3.40Ghz (8 cpu's ) I was hoping for a great upgrade from my reliable 003, at this minute I'm thinking one big mistake, just want to get recording, thanks in anticipation of some kind of answer, kobi_dog.

Re: pro tools always crashing

Well, I can only add that my RME UFX generally works with Pro Tools 12.7.1 on Windows 7 64bit on USBv2. I haven't seen crashes yet. People have seen this Sys_FileLocWin32.cpp assertion error as early as 2008, if not earlier, so it's not genuine to PT 12.7.1 or the UFX.

Suggest to go through http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=133039 (especially trashing your settings for a test), register & post at DUC or go straight to open a ticket with Avid support in case you got a support contract.