Topic: ASIO vs. Windows Drivers for Raydat

I’m building a new Win10/64-bit rig (Broadwell Xeon, Sonar, East-West libs), and have following driver questions re RME Raydat.  I’d appreciate any help.  Quests.:  (1) Given mentioned specs & a review of RME’s current drivers manual, generally is ASIO preferred to Windows drivers?  (2) Do RME’s ASIO and/or Windows drivers incorporate Microsoft’s latest Win10 Universal Windows Platform API driver mode – either now or in near-term?  (3) Any video card suggestions for minimizing pops/clicks?  Thanks, GPO.

Re: ASIO vs. Windows Drivers for Raydat

> 1) Given mentioned specs & a review of RME’s current drivers manual, generally is ASIO preferred to Windows drivers?

Of course

> (2) Do RME’s ASIO and/or Windows drivers incorporate Microsoft’s latest Win10 Universal Windows Platform API driver mode – either now or in near-term?

What is this, do you have references of information about that ? But tbh ... the performance of the RME ASIO drivers are so good, I really do not know why you worry about it.

>  (3) Any video card suggestions for minimizing pops/clicks?  Thanks, GPO.

Difficult to say .. I have no problems with nVida GTX 980 and 375.63 driver on Windows 7
Pops / clicks can also have other reasons:
- Which mainboard you take
- BIOS
- BIOS settings
- Mainbord Driver
- Windows Driver
- Which programs you install
- Which other USB devices you connect and where
etc ...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: ASIO vs. Windows Drivers for Raydat

Thanks for the helpful feedback.

ramses wrote:

> (2) Do RME’s ASIO and/or Windows drivers incorporate Microsoft’s latest Win10 Universal Windows Platform API driver mode – either now or in near-term?  What is this, do you have references of information about that ? But tbh ... the performance of the RME ASIO drivers are so good, I really do not know why you worry about it.

Given cost of rig, just trying to cover the bases.  Also, rig marks first use of ASIO & RME products for me.  Btb, Sonar supports the new Win10 UWP API for MIDI.  MS reference:  https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/window … ncy-audio.  Would appreciate your take.

Thanks.