Topic: Hammerfall HDSPe app and ASIO disappear from OS!

Yes, this is a strange one!
I opened Pyramix yesterday, noticed that it was showing SRC on all tracks, then noticed that my master clock had slipped from 96kHz down to 48, so I reset that.  Pyramix still wasn't happy.. so I went to check the HDSPe app--the one where you can change sample rate, clocking, etc., and it wouldn't open.  Turns out, it had uninstalled itself, (!) and I was stuck at whatever WDM would give me for the low sample rates, which was 48kHz.
So then I rebooted, and found.. no RME HDSPe AES card at all listed in the Sound control panel, and of course, no RME app.  Oh, and the mixer had disappeared as well.
Now, I must tell you.. this is a big Mac Pro which runs a MacOS as well as Windows 7, via BootCamp, and when I rebooted it as a Mac, the card is fine, the RME apps are fine, and I reset the sample rate back to 96kHz.
But as soon as I reboot as a Windows 7 PC, there is now no ASIO, no RME card, and now Pyramix won't even boot, due to the lack of ASIO.

How do I go about re-installing the RME card, ASIO drivers, etc., etc.  I have a "folder" with 3085 in it, but there's no "installer."  I downloaded 3079 as a zip file from some website, but even when I unzip it, I don't find an "installer." 

I really don't know what to do, to get my RME card and ASIO (and Pyramix 10) working again.
"Dr. Fred"
(Dr. of music, not digital audio)

Re: Hammerfall HDSPe app and ASIO disappear from OS!

As an appendix to my message, I'll point out that Device Manager DOES see the RME HDSP AES-32 card, but under properties/general/status, it tells me that: <<Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39).>>
So all I need is an INSTALLABLE version of the driver.  As I wrote above, anything I get from the web, after unzipping, is simply a folder, but the exe files, for the mixer and hdsp32, when clicked, don't produce applications.. they don't seem to do much of anything.  Where should the *driver* for the card go?  I see "hdspasio.dll and hdspasio_64.dll--should I copy them into some specific folder manually, and if so, which one?

Re: Hammerfall HDSPe app and ASIO disappear from OS!

Download the v4.17 driver installer here: http://www.rme-audio.de/en/downloads/driver/hdspe.php

This is an executable installer, not a folder like the old driver.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.